Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nike Lightning Bolts Exhibition


Here's a video from the recent Nike exhibition in Beijing, it's all about celebrating the history and creativity of BMX. It's kinda strange as they only starting paying any interest in it about two years ago, after a few failed attempts to get into the skateboard market they then saw the opportunity to start making money off BMX... None the less, it's always nice to see a big company paying people to go to the other side of the world to ride bikes and draw pictures. I would of sold out for a free holiday! Looking at the bigger picture though, it's interesting to see companies such as nike and redbull start spending more of their marketing budget on events rather than straight forward advertising.

In other news, yesterday I managed to secure a two week placement with the guys and girls over at elmwood design. I really excited about this, there work is amazing and they have more awards than you can shake a stick at, so I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot from the experience. If I'm lucky I might even be able to make myself useful, bonus!

Right, I've got some work to finish off before lunch, chao x