Monday, May 05, 2008

Thing that have happened recently that I think are good.

When I was down in London last we made a visit to the science museum, which was ace!
Photobucket
Also while we were there, it turned out that a friend of a friend was that great granddaughter of Edward Johnston, the guy who designed the typeface used on the London underground.
Photobucket
I'm a fan of this typeface, despite being extremely legible it has a lot of character to it.
Photobucket
Yesterday, me and some friends spent the day at the national museum of photography, television and media in Bradford. Lots of cool 80's stuff kicking about... made me realise how little photo taking I do these days, as a youth I used to love my instamatic, I also had a Polaroid and an awesome multi-colored plastic 35mm point and shoot camera. Digital has sucked all excitement out of life! Next time I have any money I'm going to invest in a Holga and a Lomo Supersampler.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Some nice 3d wooden type, I'd love to make something like this!
Photobucket
While we were there we watched lions 3d in the imax! As a documentary it was pretty mediocore, but it was so much fun to watch. There was also some really nice use of depth in the title sequence to create a hierarchy for the type.
Photobucket
Unfortunately we didn't get to keep the glasses.
Photobucket
While taking a break from doing college work today me and a few house mates decided to try and make our 3d photos. A bit of research and few attempts later we managed to get it!
Photobucket
If you havn't got any 3d glasses you'll have to take my word for it that they actually work.
Photobucket
For some reason this one really reminds of the Suicidal Tendencies photos that Glen E. Friedman took. If you havn't seen his book 'Fuck you heros' you should treat yourself, amazing photos from the early days of punk, hip hop, skateboarding and everything that used to be good about youth culture.
Photobucket
Also picked up this little fold out booklet while in Bradford, pretty dull content but a really good format, might be able to use this for something in the future.

Photobucket
Also this weekend the lovely people at YCN have invited me to take part in a pitch for Endsleigh Insurance, which I'm quite excited about. The deadline is next weekend so I'll put some pics up then.
Right I've gotta be up early, better get gone, xx