Wednesday, March 04, 2009

My Wooden Owl!



Sometimes it's fun to try and come up with concepts, communication strategies and other stuff that actually has a use, but then sometimes it's fun to do something just for the sake of it. To stop me going crazy from the amount of 'proper' stuff I've been doing recently I decided to buy myself a wooden owl kit! A steal for only £3 (good old craftwise). Also trying to get better at working my new camera, manged to work out how batch processing RAW files works for the animated GIF. These are probably slightly over tweaked, but I just love all those bright colours!

Photobucket

Photobucket

If I get the time I'd love to do another one of these again soon, if I remember rightly they had a pretty mean looking grizzly bear kit. Also on a vaguely similar note, Manchester ethical design studio 'Ultimate Holding Company' (where Kyle and Bing are currently interning) are running an art event soon celebrating Darwins 200th birthday, with an exhibition featuring one hundred illustrations of extinct animals. At the end of the exhibition there is a 10 day period where they tattooing volunteers with the images for free. So if you fancy a tattoo of a dead animal get involved! The general idea behind the show is raising awarness about our effect on the environment and wildlife. Goodstuff.


Merlin x