Saturday, March 28, 2009

28.3.09




Haven't updated this for a few weeks now, been exceptional busy! Here's a quick overview of what I've been doing.

Firstly, I went snowboarding for a week in Avoriaz. We had the most amazing weather, and the snow was perfect. Took my new camera aswell, here's a couple of snaps.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As soon as I got back from holiday I started my four week placement at Elmwood in Leeds. Now two weeks into it and it's going really well, been working on some fun projects and I can feel myself learning new things by the day.

Also on my return from France I discovered that I had won the competition to design the end of year show promotional material at college with my 'end of the beginning' idea. Really pleased about that, such a great note to leave the college on!

On the subject of college, in the evening this week I've been putting together a proposal to design the posters and promotional material for a series of professional lectures at college. Here's a quick peek of a mock up of one of the routes.

Photobucket

I'm hoping to print these at footprint in Leeds on recycled coloured paper using soy ink.

Last Wednesday me and a couple of the guys from elmwood jumped on the train up to Newcastle to go to the Micheal C Place lecture at Dance City.

Photobucket

It took on an interview format with Adrian Shaugnessy asking the questions and being an all round good host.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's always interesting to hear about people's success's and their failures, and the talk definitly had a more honest and complete approacher rather than just using it as an opportunity to show off.

Other interesting stuff I've seen and thought 'ooh, I'll do a blog about that' includes; lifestyle clothing brand Insight have put all they're old adverts up on their website. Some really interesting and powerful art direction going on here. Check it out by clicking right here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also found this online gallery of amazing Lego advertising.

Photobucket

As far as I'm aware, everybody in the world loves Lego, and it's great to see the creativity it inspires to younger childeren is still alive in some adult designers.

Thats all for the moment, need to crack on with some work!


Merlin x