Friday, December 14, 2007

websites, typography and the end of term!

Been busy with my web design module this week, helping my friend Gus build a website. It's currently online, but yet to have all the content added. Check it out here. I'm going to be spending some time with him over the xmas period polishing it off.

While helping gus design his site it has got me thinking about this one a bit, and I've decided I want to change it. I think its a bit ugly, and detracts from the images.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
this is my new design idea, a lot simpler and cleaner but still with a strong sense of identity.

Also finished my type module this week, and I'm really pleased with the outcome. It's a pamphlet guiding the reader through the nitty gritty side of type design which folds out into an A2 poster. Unfortunately I've had to hand it in for marking before taking any pictures, but I will stick some up when I get it back after xmas.

Finally, today is the last day of term!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Its been pretty stressful this year, and despite having a few projects to work on over christmas I'm looking forward to turning down the stress-o-meter a notch or two!